If you are hired by AccuQuote as an Account Executive, we require that you obtain your Illinois Life and Health Producers License prior to your first day of employment.
Becoming a licensed agent is easy. Simply follow these 3 easy steps:
- Complete all Pre-Licensing Requirements with the Illinois Department of Insurance
- Pre-licensing requirements include 15 hours of classroom training (7.5 for life and 7.5 for accident/health).
- Call as soon as possible to register for the class as pre-licensing requirements must be completed before you can sit for the exam.
- The pre-licensing class is $120-$130
- Schedule the State Exam
- NOTE: Proof of pre-licensing completion will be required in order to sit for the exam.
- For information on scheduling the state exam, visit http://insurance2.illinois.gov/producer/ResidentProducer.asp.
- The cost to take the exam is $103.
- Apply for the Insurance License
- Immediately mail a personal check for $180 payable to the “Director of Insurance” along with your application.
- They can apply for their license online at www.nipr.com.
*Pearson Vue is the administrator of testing for our area. Their web address is www.pearsonvue.com.
On your first day of work at AccuQuote, be sure to bring a copy of your application, any supporting documentation, and proof of payment. By no later than 30 days after your first day of employment as an Account Executive, YOU MUST turn in a copy of your active insurance license and all receipts to AccuQuote’s Accounting department. At that time, AccuQuote will reimburse you for the cost of the pre-licensing class, state exam, and license.
NOTE: Reimbursement will only occur after 30 days of employment, and upon confirmation of continued employment.