Accidents Happen. Is Your Family
Prepared for the Worst?
If you haven’t been in an accident yourself, you probably know someone who has. There are over five million car crashes 1 in the U.S. every year, not to mention countless other kinds of accidents.
- One American dies every 4 minutes as the result of an accident 2
- Accidents are the fourth leading cause of death in the United States 3
- Motor vehicle accidents cause a death every 15 minutes 4
- Accidents claim the lives of 15 Americans every hour, on average 2
Watch the following video for an overview of how accidental death insurance may protect your family financially if you’re ever in a serious accident
Basics of Accidental Death Insurance
Accidental death is designed to cover death caused by a “covered accident.” We’ve listed some exclusions below.
These policies are generally less expensive than other types of life insurance because they are limited in what they cover. For that reason, it should not be considered as a replacement for traditional life insurance. If you can qualify for a regular type of policy, that’s the route we strongly recommend you take.
If you were to die due to an accident, your beneficiary is entitled to collect all the benefits from your policy.
Key characteristics of Accidental Death Insurance
- Relatively inexpensive
- Easy to understand
- As long as you pay your premiums, coverage will never be canceled for as long as your policy is renewable
- No medical exam needed
- No waiting period for the coverage to start
- Guaranteed eligibility, despite any preexisting medical conditions
- Up to $500,000 in coverage
- If you’re seriously injured, you’ll receive benefits while you’re still alive. The amount paid is not deducted from the face value of your policy
Protect your family for as little as $14 per month
Accidents take lives every day. This type of insurance policy can help your family maintain their standard of living if the unthinkable happens to you. Rates start as low as $14 a month for $100,000 in coverage (age limits apply).
Eligibility Is Guaranteed
Acceptance for accidental death insurance is guaranteed for anyone between the ages of 18 and 80. You won’t have to answer any health questions or take a medical exam. You can keep this coverage for as long as you’d like, provided you pay your premiums on time.
Some states have limitations. Call us at 800-442-9899 for more information. Client must be US citizen or have permanent resident status (green card).
Exceptions and Exclusions
Every insurance company has its own definition of what is and is not a “covered” accident. They also have their own ways of paying benefits. Some common exceptions include death caused by:
- Physical or mental illness
- Treatment of such an illness
- A declared or undeclared war
- Suicide or attempted suicide
- Intentional injuries inflicted upon oneself
- Accidents during surgical procedures
- Consumption of non-prescribed or illegally-obtained drugs
- Drunk driving
- Drug or alcohol overdose
- Nuclear radiation
- Bacterial infection
- High-risk activities like car racing, skydiving, etc.
You or your beneficiary can collect benefits only if your death or injuries are proven to be the direct result of the accident.
Ways to Buy Accidental Death Insurance
You can purchase an accidental death insurance policy as a separate policy or sometimes as a life insurance rider on a traditional policy.
Call us today at 800-442-9899 to find out if AD&D is right for you.
Accidental death insurance is not available in all states. Contact us at 800-442-9899 to find out if it is available where you live.
1 US Department of Transportation NHTSA http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/812032.pdf