Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance pays a lump sum benefit upon the first confirmed diagnosis of a covered illness or medical procedure. And, you may be eligible to collect the death benefit more than once, if you are diagnosed with multiple conditions.
What does this money mean to you?
Even if you have health insurance, there are other costs associated with a severe medical diagnosis. Not to mention the stress it adds to your life, financially and emotionally. The benefit from critical illness cover can be used for things like:
- Your mortgage, auto loan or credit card payments
- Your income and your spouse's lost wages if one or both of you has to stop working
- Your extra medical costs - deductibles, prescriptions, out-of network expenses, etc.
- Your rehabilitation, training or education
- Lodging expenses if you're seeking medical attention outside of your community
- Child care and nursing care
- A relaxing vacation while you recuperate
Did You Know?
- Every 26 seconds someone in the U.S. will suffer from a coronary event, and about every minute, someone will die from one 1
- Every 24 seconds someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with cancer 2
- Every 40 seconds someone in the U.S. is having a stroke 1
1. American Heart Association
2. American Cancer Society