About this role:
As a Project Manager, you would have a unique and exciting opportunity to drive implementation of new insurance products, carriers and services that are critical to our agency operations. You will be part of a diverse and highly driven team committed to delivering value added services that help us increase revenue and deliver on key business objectives.
As part of this role, you will:
- Advocate for the business stakeholder while addressing project escalations autonomously
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the execution of projects
- Partner with Project Sponsor in defining project scope, and objective
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and within scope
- Develop and manage a detailed project plan, along with other required project artifacts, in order to effectively monitor and track progress
- Organize and facilitate meetings with functional representatives both with internal and external to team; working effectively across entities to ensure a smooth integration at all points in the process
- Create, maintain, and distribute project reporting from onset through post implementation
- Make independent project decisions preserving the stakeholder’s business intent and success measures
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs
- Create and maintain effective relationship management with internal and external team members
- Preform risk management to minimize or mitigate project risks
- Effectively manage a diverse vendor community on a day-to-day basis
The position is further expected to:
- Foster a transparent culture through frequent, concise, and substantive communication
- Present data in a meaningful way, formulate recommendations that drive key business decisions
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management or similar functionality
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in new business operations in a life insurance setting
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments with overlapping delivery dates
- Ability to deal positively with ambiguity in a fast-moving business environment
- Proven execution focus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.