The HR Director organizes, plans, develops, and directs the implementation and administration of human resources functions and carries out policies and procedures relating to all phases of human resources activities. Direct activities relating to personnel policies and procedures, staffing, on-boarding/off-boarding, benefits negotiations and administration, employee education and training, management development, EEO reporting compliance, workers compensation administration, and salary administration.
- Directs practices related to identifying, attracting, and selecting individuals and placing them into positions to address changing organizational needs. Approves and directs new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Oversee processing new hire and post-employment paperwork. Manage company’s staffing specialist(s) through monitoring of work and mentorship. Analysis and evaluation of companies recruiting campaigns. Conduct exit interviews with terminated employees and report on findings. Develop and monitor employee retention.
- Administer company’s employee benefits program including annual review of benefit’s with broker and negotiate med/dental/life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Roth benefits/programs. Oversee benefits administration to include open enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Oversee employee relation issues and Investigates issues incidental to sound and uniform policy/personnel administration, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant grievances. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolutions. Build relationships with hiring managers to keep informed on department needs and applicant standards. Coach managers and leaders in regards to employment law, company policy, and consistency. Respond to the needs of current and former employees.
- Partners with outside retained legal counsel for legal employment law interpretation, responding to Department of Labor inquiries/charges i.e., wage/hour charges, charges of discrimination, EEOC hearings, etc.
- Continuously evaluate and update employee handbook and work with management to enforce rules consistently. Development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Conduct research on various employment issues as requested by management.
- Ensure government guidelines are being met in relation to FMLA, COBRA, LOA and EEO compliance requirements.
- Oversee/administer Company’s Employee Recognition programs/events, i.e., Yearend celebrations, etc.
- Manage unemployment claims and issues to include active participation phone hearings to resolve unemployment benefit eligibility.
- Ongoing monitoring of compensation analysis.
- Directly supervises HR staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities conducting performance reviews, setting expectations and coaching/mentoring. Responsibilities include; planning, assigning, directing, and evaluating work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Complete projects and duties as assigned by senior management.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; minimum 8 years as human resources generalist with at least 4 years in a management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.