The Facilities Technician is responsible for all aspects of general maintenance and repair of a 50,000 square foot office building, grounds and mechanical systems/equipment. This role is accountable for coordinating, liaising and overseeing the services provided by outside vendors or contractors. Responsible for office supply inventory control; including ordering, storage and restocking items. Ensures compliance with all required building and safety code regulations; including the monitoring, scheduling and coordination of required inspections, tests or remedial actions. Position is accountable for assessing and taking all appropriate measures to ensure the facility is clean, safe and is an optimal, physical working environment.
The hours for this role will be 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to bend and lift up to 70 pounds
- 3-5 years general facilities and maintenance experience in buildings of at least 50,000 square feet
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC required
- Basic knowledge of Security Access and monitoring systems required
- Positive attitude with solid oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Keen ability to understand and communicate technical details into easy to understand concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational skills with agile ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Strong knowledge and ability to safely use portable manual, electric power tools and diagnostic devices and tools
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint), Adobe Acrobat, and ability to navigate and utilize internet
- Proficiency with office equipment including copiers, fax machine, telephone systems and imaging systems
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations preferred
Employee Benefits & Perks
- Casual Dress Environment – you’ll fit right in wearing your jeans and gym shoes!
- Fun, Team-Oriented Atmosphere
- Health, Dental and FSA Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and Short/Long-term Disability (at no cost to you!)
- Employee Discounts to include Fitness Center
If you have the above skills and are interested in creating a career for yourself WE ARE INTERESTED IN TALKING TO YOU! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This position fills up quickly!
AccuQuote is an Equal Opportunity Employer.