The Email Marketing Specialist is committed to evolving email campaigns that deliver the highest level of email user experience to meet marketing goals. Utilizing best practices to create emails and landing pages, he or she will ensure emails are tested and optimized for deployment and track a campaign’s performance.
The ideal candidate is passionate about email marketing, enthusiastic, proactive, has an attention to detail, and easy to do business with.
- Schedule, edit, and send emails within our email platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget) based business requirements while ensuring deliverables are on time and meet expectations.
- Facilitate the implementation of A/B and multivariate email tests. Analyze and deliver actionable results.
- Identify and recommend email changes to optimize our email campaigns.
- Monitor email metrics, including open rates, ctr, ctor, and unsubscribe rate.
- Create and edit email templates utilizing HTML and CSS as needed to meet the needs of our team and customers.
- Grow our email list organically, not through bought or rented lists.
- Fulfill on ad hoc related requests like; form creation, reporting, list building, testing, etc.
- Advise and collaborate with the marketing team in the development and implementation of demand generation and retention marketing emails.
- Pull through tasks related to lead list preparation, data cleansing and database updates for all acquired leads/contacts in CRM (such sources as lead gen, web advertising, and partner channels).
- Assist in managing the marketing database, including cleansing, establishing control mechanisms for regulating touch frequency with the database, and meeting opt-out requirements, global CAN-SPAM regulations, etc.
- Minimum 2-years’ experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, advertising or related field
- Proficient with HTML/CSS including knowledge of the difference between coding for web and mobile responsive emails a must
- Proficient in WordPress, Microsoft Office
- Analytical aptitude – ability to research, analyze, synthesize, recommend and implement
- Very strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Track record of successful A/B and multi-variant test design and analysis
- Working knowledge of lead nurturing, development, and qualification
- Excellent ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage projects effectively
- Adobe CC Illustrator/ Photoshop, Dreamweaver/Online coding editor
- Knowledge of emerging marketing technologies and willingness to learn new tools and methods
- Graphic design experience for print
- Insurance or financial services industry experience