AccuQuote is seeking a talented Email Developer to accelerate the growth of our email channel and business. This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-starter to play a key role in shaping our messaging journeys that bring prospective customers through the life insurance buying process and that retain existing customers through engaging and dynamic content.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep passion for email development and have strong fluency in HTML, CSS, and preference for hand coding emails and assets from scratch. You should be able to produce responsive HTML emails that look good across most clients and devices. You will also create API calls from our database to help us achieve highly targeted and segmented lists as we build out our brand new SalesForce Marketing Cloud platform.
Our work is in its infancy so the ideal candidate will have recent experience starting SalesForce Marketing Cloud from scratch.
- Prepare, build, test, deploy and optimize HTML and text based emails in SalesForce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target)
- Complete routine A/B and multivariate testing, reporting, and analysis of email campaigns to continually improve and optimize future campaigns.
- Build and deploy highly complex automation, personalization and dynamic campaigns to meet revenue and engagement KPIs.
- Manage all deployment of promotional and transactional email campaigns
- Troubleshoot and monitor data transfers and data integration issues as part of complex, dynamic messaging templates.
- Understand and adhere to federal, state and local e-mail compliance laws, regulations and standards, as well as Company best practices
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is an absolute must.
- Collaborate successfully with the marketing team as well as cross-functionally
- Minimum 2 years of experience in email development & production in the SalesForce Marketing Cloud or ExactTarget platform
- Ability to hand code high converting responsive emails for promotional and transactional campaigns across various email clients and ISPs.
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, PHP and cross device/client/browser rendering
- Proficient in WordPress, Microsoft Office
- Expert in cross-platform email techniques for major email clients such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and Apple Mail, etc.
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to collaborate with cross functional teams in a fast pace agency style environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Graphic Design or Marketing
- AmpScript, SQL, Adobe CC Illustrator/ Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of emerging marketing technologies and willingness to learn new tools and methods
- Graphic design experience for print
- Insurance or financial services industry experience