Director of Information Technology
This is a “roll up your sleeves” management position responsible for directing, planning and managing all functional areas of the information technology and project management departments to ensure alignment and execution of the business objectives of the organization and to direct technology, policies, processes and people toward a consistent and common vision; provide on-going analysis and planning of company’s information technology and the overall performance of the department.
- Manages the output and activities of the information technology department including: application development, data base design, administration and reporting, network infrastructure, helpdesk support and telecommunications support and project management.
- Identifies, plans, recommends and implements the company’s technology strategies for products and solutions to support current and future capacity needs and senior management projects and initiatives.
- Directs implementation and execution of new projects and maintenance tickets through staff using defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability to ensure delivery is on time and on budget.
- Accountable for assuring service levels are met and exceeded for hardware and software resources necessary to the company staff to allow them to perform their normal daily business functions.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of current existing tools, products and technologies used by company. Stays abreast of current technology trends and tools, and recommends new technology initiatives, products or services to support and meet evolving company needs and/or gain greater cost or processing efficiencies.
- Conducts problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Communicates departmental goals and overall company goals and initiatives; drives execution to achieve objectives.
- Handles employee relations/staffing issues for department
- Directly supervises, develops and mentors direct reports and provides/leverages technical solution expertise.
- Provides oversight, negotiation and management of technology vendors to ensure appropriate services which are cost effective and efficient in support of the business objectives.
- Acts as the organization’s security officer ensuring that AccuQuote’s systems and processes are compliant by advocating, educating and enforcing all internal and external security and privacy policies.
- Provides high level technical support to staff when needed on problems or projects. May take calls 24×7 for emergency outage/on call situations if primary level of support for that area is not available or cannot solve problem.
- May perform detail application coding and testing, development of data base queries or new designs, network administrative duties, or helpdesk support if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater from four-year college or university; minimum five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years experience in Microsoft Windows/Office desktop, virtual server infrastructure, and telecommunications, and Internet/web technology environment.
- Leadership – possesses strong leadership qualities and the ability to motivate and focus the organization; champions change, coaches and develops employees; assigns responsibilities.
- Management – monitors and tracks projects against budgets; cross-trains staff; delegates tasks effectively; establishes plans/projects; communicates performance standards; set goals.
- Communication – communicates clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates ability to clearly articulate information in writing including the ability to translate technical materials, conducts effective meetings, and conveys information at all levels of the organization.
- Planning and Organization – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. The individual demonstrates financial acumen; generates new ideas; knows the business; attracts and retains qualified staff; uses technical/functional expertise.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – analyzes issues; produces effective, practical decisions/solutions; makes judgments decisively; implements and monitors objectives/plans; manages risk to achieve optimum benefits.
- Team Player- demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and build strong relationships with internal and external partners and staff.
- Judgment – sound business judgment in an environment of rapid change; makes timely decisions and escalates issues as needed.
- Personal Effectiveness – acts with integrity; demonstrates adaptability; demonstrates detail orientation; develops staff; stimulates successful results; shows strong work commitment; maintains positive performance in all situations.