Speak to a Live Person.    Call 800-442-9899

Can I Get Life Insurance if I’m Not a U.S. Citizen?

By Byron Udell | December 1, 2006

Yes, you may qualify for life insurance, but only if you have a Green Card or Permanent Visa.  Most carriers also require that you have been living in the United States for at least 2 years and some carriers also look at the country of origin and ties to US:  job, family, home, or business ownership.

If you are looking for life insurance and are not a U.S. citizen you should shop around as the life insurance carriers underwriting guidelines are each very different.

We only work with highly rated insurance companies – brand names you trust. You may be able to save money without sacrificing quality and strength.