Born and raised in Chicago’s Northwest suburbs, Account Executive Alex Schrift has a B.A. in History from Western Illinois University.
1) How long have you been with AccuQuote? I started at AccuQuote in June 2013.
2) How did you start selling life insurance? I began my insurance career working on Medicare supplement cases. After doing that for a while, I found my way to AccuQuote, where I was greeted with open arms.
3) What is your most memorable interaction with a policy holder? My most memorable client was a woman that I had just sold a policy to, but then had to inform her that while the insurance company approved her, the premiums were going to be higher than the original rate I had quoted her. But since the price was a bit more than she expected, she was now considering cancelling the policy altogether. I was concerned, because she had two young kids at home and no policy to protect her family in case something unforeseen happened to her. Around this same time, one of my good friends was killed in a horrific car accident at age 21. With this fresh in my mind, I told her that no one thinks that their life is going to be cut short at such a young age. Luckily, my friend’s parents had life insurance, which helped pay for the funeral costs and other expenses. I told her that I didn’t care if she bought life insurance from me, but that she should get coverage from somebody. About ten minutes later, she called me back and told me to send her the policy. I was so thrilled with her decision. Life lessons, like my friend’s death, are a constant reminder that what I do can help make a difference in people’s lives.
4) What do you like best about your job? I think I have one of the best jobs in the world. I help families every day ensure that when they’re gone, those that are left behind are taken care of.
5) Why do you think life insurance is important? Life insurance may be the most important product in the world. No family member, no friend, no person can adequately replace your loved ones, but life insurance can help. The loss of a spouse’s income can be overwhelming, but life insurance is the only product out there that can step in at just the right moment and provide the much needed financial support when you need it most.
6) What do you think is the best or most useful insurance product that AccuQuote offers? I think one of the best products we offer is a “Return of Premium” policy. This is a win-win for the consumer. You pay your life insurance over a set period of time (20, 25 or 30 years), and if you are alive when the policy ends, you get every penny back. If you should pass away, the family receives the death benefit. This type of product guarantees that whether the consumer live or dies, the family will win out in the end.
7) What are your hobbies? I love baseball. I’m a huge Chicago Cubs fan. I try to attend a few games every year. I also love to camp and experience the outdoors.
8) What is your favorite book? “Way of the Peaceful Warrior” by Dan Millman.
To learn more about Alex, watch this great video.